hey people
i am building a website that has a leftbar which has some links.
i added the code and the div of the leftbar and everything was very fine until i tried to lunch the site on firefox and safari.
in opera and IE it is fine but in firefox and safari the links apear like this:

ProfilePhotos
Blog!Friends
GroupsPages
Events

while it is supposed to be like this:

Photos
Blog!
Friends
Groups
Pages
Events

the code is this:

<a href="profile.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your profile" id="list">Profile</a><BR><BR>
<a href="photos.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your photos" id="list">Photos</a><BR>
<a href="blog.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your Blog!" id="list">Blog!</a><BR>
<a href="friends.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Friends" id="list">Friends</a><BR>
<a href="groups.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See your Groups" id="list">Groups</a><BR>
<a href="pages.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See Your Pages" id="list">Pages</a><BR>
<a href="events.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Events" id="list">Events</a><BR />

and it is located in a divs with the id left and lft_bar

the css is:

#left_bar {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-size:18px;
float:left;
width:24%;
height:auto;
}

please tell me what shall i do to solve this.
any help will be greatly appreciated!

floatingDivs commented: Don't be a jackass, "prince" -1

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

awsome!!
so you all dont know the answer??
what kind of web developers are you???
COOLLLLL

commented: They are probably the kind that won't suffer petulant fools. -3

the prince Awah,

You clearly do not seem to understand that we don't wait for you to beckon us for help. I'm sorry you feel as though the world (specifically Daniweb) owes you this huge favor of doing the work for you, but I doubt anyone with any self-respect will help you after you managed to insult the entire board.

Secondly, in response to your question about what kind of web developers we are, I think it's fair to say we're far superior to you. The fact that YOU came to US for help should tell you this much, genius.

Lastly, I think the problem is fairly obvious, but I'm not going to give you an easy answer.

Instead, you can read this article and figure out the solution on your own, kiddo.

http://css-tricks.com/all-about-floats/

<a href="profile.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your profile" id="list">Profile</a><BR><BR>
<a href="photos.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your photos" id="list">Photos</a><BR>
<a href="blog.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your Blog!" id="list">Blog!</a><BR>
<a href="friends.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Friends" id="list">Friends</a><BR>
<a href="groups.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See your Groups" id="list">Groups</a><BR>
<a href="pages.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See Your Pages" id="list">Pages</a><BR>
<a href="events.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Events" id="list">Events</a><BR />

Try with below. This is proper format for the navigation.

<ul id="left_navigation">
	<li><a href="profile.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your profile" id="list">Profile</a><BR><BR>/li>
	<li><a href="photos.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your photos" id="list">Photos</a></li>
	<li><a href="blog.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Go to your Blog!" id="list">Blog!</a></li>
	<li><a href="friends.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Friends" id="list">Friends</a></li>
	<li><a href="groups.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See your Groups" id="list">Groups</a></li>
	<li><a href="pages.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="See Your Pages" id="list">Pages</a></li>
	<li><a href="events.php?uid=<?php echo $id; ?>" title="Your Events" id="list">Events</a></li>
</ul>

Add CSS to the navigation.

ul#left_navigation {
	list-style: none;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
}
ul#left_navigation li {
	display: block;
	line-height: 1.5em;
	list-style: none;
}

Hope this help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.