I recently noticed that images are no longer appear on my website. It is an add-on domain name, but images are viewable in the parent domain. I've checked the paths in the code, the permissions for the images direcoty and the images themselves and can't figure it out. The images are viewable when I look at the pages stored locally on my pc The w3c seal is the only image that shows up and it originates from their site. I've re-uploaded both pages and images with no change. Images were viewable up until a few days ago. I checked with someone at another location and they can't view the images either. I've posted a link below. Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks.:?:

CDW Web Design

I just noticed that four *.xcf (GIMP) files are the only thing that appears in the images directory when viewed by a browser. Apparently, recognizable image files are being blocked.

This is the error message I get when I attempt to view an individual image:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/contact2.gif on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Problem solved! There were lines missing from the .htaccess file. Tech support staff from my hosting company (namecheap.com) replaced the missing lines and all is well. To be specific, I was missing image anti-hot linking protection. Hope this helps someone. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.