Hi,

Can anyone say me how to create 3D shapes (Rectangles, circles etc.) in POWERPOINT using the Auto Shape tool? Does it require any other tools to do this? If so plz mention the name.

Thanks in advance

Lovablefool

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

i dont think you can create 3d shapes using powerpoint.

yeah, powerpoint is not your graphical creation program.

Try using something else to draw your object and then import it into your presentation.

I appreciate this query is years old, but the Perspector add-in for PowerPoint that lets you create, rotate and animate 3D shapes, charts, etc.

Once you have the auto shape on the slide selected, make sure you have the drawing toolbar out. It should appear at the bottom of the screen. If you don't have the drawing toolbar out, choose View --> toolbars --> drawing. The last button on the right of the drawing toolbar is 3d styles. click on that button to see a bunch of 3d styles. There is a text button within the 3d styles button called 3d settings. click on that and you can specify how much you want the 3d object to rotate, whether you want wire frame or a bunch of other settings.

For anyone who said that Powerpoint does not have 3d options, you should not answer when you do not know the program. That has been in the program since at least powerpoint 97.

My advice would be just DON'T use it. There is no way the outcome will be anywhere near a professional standard. Just buy some software like photoshop and you will not regret it!

My advice would be just DON'T use it. There is no way the outcome will be anywhere near a professional standard. Just buy some software like photoshop and you will not regret it!

Photoshop will not create 3D renders... You want something like 3D Studio Max or a cheaper choice would be Maya or Maxon Cinema4D.

You can create vector shapes that look 3D using Adobe Illustrator I think.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I think maya, specifically maya unlimited, is more expensive than 3dmax? It is only recently that its price has fallen.

Blender beats all those for 3d stuff, by the way. Totally free and just as powerful, when used with other free plugins.

I think maya, specifically maya unlimited, is more expensive than 3dmax? It is only recently that its price has fallen.

Blender beats all those for 3d stuff, by the way. Totally free and just as powerful, when used with other free plugins.

I'm not too savvy with 3D apps, you're probably right.

Yeah, but the majority of people use PowerPoint at work and don't want to finance buying all that amazing software.
I found the 3D icon on the tool bar but found all the functions in greys which don't do anything when you click on them.
Just chose a 2D shape first, a square for example and once that is on the slide all the 3D shape options turn to colour and you can choose depths, colours sizes etc.:cool:

Wow - for simple shapes like rectangles and such you DO NOT need another program. Just go to the insert tab - select a simple shape there (say a rectangle). Draw the shape on the slide. Right-click on the shape you drew. A window will pop up - select the "format shape" option at the bottom of the list. A new window will open that lists two options - 3D format and 3D rotation. Select the 3D format option and play with the settings to get a bevel, or a bunch of other 3D effects on your object. Then try out the rotations to angle the object on x, y or z axis.

@HI2Japan : I am totally agree with his point.I will try then share my thought

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.