I need to know the main elements for creating a web page or site. This is my first attempt to create a web page or site and I need to know what I will need in order to start. If any one can help please e-mail me at wandakinchen@yahoo.com :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

A basic knowledge of html would be a good start, but there are many other languages which work.

You also need a web editor, frontpage or dreamweaver?
Once you have them you can test simple stuff out. Like make tables mouseovers and other crap.

A good place to begin would be to learn HTML, which you could get the basics HERE.

You could use Notepad to write the code but here is a good free website editors, one is 1st Page 2000.

You will also want to learn CSS so that you can choose how you want to visualize your content. This is the perfect place to start: W3C

Once you read, absorb, practice and test and play around with it, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Good luck!
DianeD

A useful article:

New to web site development: what tools should I use?

Depending on how good you want to be and how much web development you will be doing, you should consider several areas:
- HTML
- CSS
- Server side programming (PHP, Perl, Python, ASP, CF - one will do)
- Client side programming (javascript)
- Graphic design
- Online marketing
- Information Architecture

I tried to list them in the order in which they will come the most useful. There are tutorials out there for most of these things, but web development is not something one learns in a weekend crash course. Each of the items on that list is going to take a while.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.