Am looking for somewebsite that i can look at some really neat code and really look at the design of a website also i want to look at website be be able to be wowed by its beaty.

Anyone ave a list of some sites like these?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

You may also want to check out coolhomepages.com for a list of better designed sites.

these site are really cool :mrgreen:
i can only dream of those type of work

their brilliant - im gobsmacked - one day!

I disagree, I think that "2advanced" site is horrid. It's way too busy, hard to impossible to navigate, and it isn't readily apparent what the site is even about. With stuff zipping and zooming around all over the place, there isn't anywhere for the user to FOCUS. Good graphic design focuses the attention of the user (reader, consumer) on a product, idea, or brand. This site appears to be about... science fiction watercraft?

I disagree, I think that "2advanced" site is horrid. It's way too busy, hard to impossible to navigate, and it isn't readily apparent what the site is even about. With stuff zipping and zooming around all over the place, there isn't anywhere for the user to FOCUS. Good graphic design focuses the attention of the user (reader, consumer) on a product, idea, or brand. This site appears to be about... science fiction watercraft?

2Advanced doesn't need to be simple to use, people know who they are around the world. In my opionion Eric Jordan is one of the best designers in the world. When people come to you for work your site can look however you want it to look.

But you are correct as far as the usability, keep it simple, unless your a world famous designer :)

Another good-looking site is
www.xeofreestyle.com but again, it would probably baffle the novice internet user.

Another good-looking site is
www.xeofreestyle.com but again, it would probably baffle the novice internet user.

Nevermind it got taken down and replaced with a gay site. :(

i like the design of 2advanced the stuff on it is amazing.. but i really do think that they should consider that ppl aren't all on the same level for surfing sites and they should make it a little more user-friendly.

i like the design of 2advanced the stuff on it is amazing.. but i really do think that they should consider that ppl aren't all on the same level for surfing sites and they should make it a little more user-friendly.

I agree. The stuff is well done and it takes real talent to do something like that but I think they could've done it in a more efficient way. Or as you said, user friendly way :mrgreen:

Agreed. I'm not denying the talent apparent in the site. There's certainly a great deal of technical ability being demonstrated. That doesn't mean it's "good design". Consider someone with a vast vocabularly and encyclopedic knowledge of the English language, but who constantly uses rare or obscure words in his conversation. Would you say he's a "good communicator"? No!

this is true.. sometimes the more simple the design the nicer it can be. :D

Very cool, there is alot on that site I want to learn how to do
can you tell me what tools are used for the animation and sound playing in the background. Im a beginner but I use apache on a linux box to display my current web page(though) its pretty basic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.