Hello Again,

As you may know I'm creating a site; YET MORE SPAM/PROMOTION DELETED but am not the best with CSS. I am hoping to get an appropriate navigation bar for my website but not sure how to design it, colours are yet to be decided.

If anyone wouldn't mind coding one and implementing it into the current CSS / HTML Code I'll upload it the site. I'm not the best with nav bars or CSS in general. Just a navigation bar that would suit the site.

It's going to be a charity site. We help Africans who have no food, drink, clothes, shelter etc.

Thanks

happygeek commented: more spam methinks -3

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

This is the third thread about this site you post, and the second out of three where you directly ask for code to be given to you.

I know you are not making any money from this site since its charity according to what you said previously, but we are not going to do it all for free either.

Perhaps if you look through the css/html book you claim you have instead of looking at it sitting on your desk you can get something started and then we could point you in the right direction for fixing whatever problems you can come up with, but this is not the kind of forum you seem to think it is.

This is the third thread about this site you post, and the second out of three where you directly ask for code to be given to you.

I know you are not making any money from this site since its charity according to what you said previously, but we are not going to do it all for free either.

Perhaps if you look through the css/html book you claim you have instead of looking at it sitting on your desk you can get something started and then we could point you in the right direction for fixing whatever problems you can come up with, but this is not the kind of forum you seem to think it is.

Agreed!!

In the, what, 3 hours since you posted this particular thread, you could have, as Philippe said, gone through that book or found a very easy tutorial online to create a menu, which again is VERY basic coding!

Having said that, there are tools that will allow you to create complete menus, source code, images and all. Like these.

Hello Again,

As you may know I'm creating a site; http://galgal.org.uk but am not the best with CSS. I am hoping to get an appropriate navigation bar for my website but not sure how to design it, colours are yet to be decided.

If anyone wouldn't mind coding one and implementing it into the current CSS / HTML Code I'll upload it the site. I'm not the best with nav bars or CSS in general. Just a navigation bar that would suit the site.

It's going to be a charity site. We help Africans who have no food, drink, clothes, shelter etc.

Thanks

<ul class="menu">
		<li>
			<a href="#">DEMO</a>
		</li>
				<li>
				<a href="#">DEMO</a>
				<ul>
				<li>
				<a href="#">DEMO</a>
				</li>
				<li>
				<a href="#">DEMO</a>
				</li>
				<li>
				<a href="#">DEMO</a>
				</li>
				</ul>
				</li>
				<li>
				<a href="#">DEMO</a>
		<ul>
		<li>
		<a href="#">DEMO</a>
		</li>
		<li>
			<a href="#">DEMO</a>
			</li>
		<li>
		<a href="#">DEMO</a>
		</li>
			<li>
			<a href="#">DEMO</a>
			</li>
			<li>
			<a href="#">DEMO</a>
			</li>
			</ul>
				</li>
						</ul>
ul.menu, .menu ul {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    list-style-type: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}
ul.menu > li {
    border-bottom: medium none;
    float: left;
}
ul.menu > li:first-child {
    border-left: medium none;
}
.menu li {
    -moz-border-bottom-colors: none;
    -moz-border-image: none;
    -moz-border-left-colors: none;
    -moz-border-right-colors: none;
    -moz-border-top-colors: none;
    border-color: #CCCCCC;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 0 1px 1px;
    position: relative;
    width: 10em;
}
.menu ul {
    box-shadow: 5px 10px 15px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    display: none;
    left: -1px;
    position: absolute;
}
.menu li:hover ul {
    display: block;
}
.menu a {
    color: #000000;
    display: block;
    padding: 0.125em 0.5em;
    text-decoration: none;
}
.menu a:hover {
    background-color: #999999;
    color: #FFFFFF;
}

Thank you! I would try and learn more but ive got loads to do about this charity with organising it all.

Well its a good thing you dont spend all day here asking questions, since you're so busy with "coding".

Sorry? I didn't say coding! I am busy sorting out software for the site, Facebook / Twitter, Graphics, Donaters etc.

Sorry? I didn't say coding! I am busy sorting out software for the site, Facebook / Twitter, Graphics, Donaters etc.

Come on guys, we have to help each other improve our skills.

Come on guys, we have to help each other improve our skills.

Thats very true. I have seen no evidence of the OP trying to improve his skills based on the multiple posts he's made just in the last week. And to blatantly ask someone to WRITE the code so he can use it,

is lazy and abusive.

Yes you're right then.I haven't see his previews post..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.