For some reason my flash files no longer show up on my website. Everything worked fine until I updated my flash player, now every file on my page is white except for the very last one. Did Adobe change something with the new version of flash? Why doesn't this work anymore? This is the code I use, but it only works for the bottom one now.

<p align="center">
<object width="400" height="320" >
<param name="SRC" value="Flash1.swf">
<embed src="flash/ctf/Flash1.swf" width="400" height="320"></embed>
</object> </p>

This has probably been asked, but I searched and didn't see anything pertaining to this subject, could have missed something though.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

your param and embed source are not pointing to the same path. depending on the browser you use to access the page will depend on which element is used.

That didn't seem to matter, I just switched the code up and it's still not working. The code works, but only for one flash item a page. So now I have...

<p align="center"><object width="400" height="320" >
<param name="SRC" value="flash/ctf/1.swf">
<embed src="flash/ctf/1.swf" width="400" height="320"></embed>
</object> </p>

<br />

<p align="center"><object width="400" height="320" >
<param name="SRC" value="flash/ctf/2.swf">
<embed src="flash/ctf/2.swf" width="400" height="320"></embed>
</object> </p>

Then I have about 4 or 5 others I want to embed, trying to make a portfolio, but my flash page isn't working! Just applied for a job for a flash animator and linked to my site, but they can't view it(well maybe they can if they are on an older version of flash! Hopefully they put my application off for a few days so I can fix it!

EDIT - It works fine when I click preview in firefox. Though when I load it in the browser I get only one. wtf!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.