When you want to create a simple website then usage of HTML will be more than enough which will make you gain more easier and better looking website

John Matt: this thread is nine months old. I'm pretty sure that either the answer has been given already, or the OP's no longer following up.

Member Avatar for diafol

<off-topic> why the hell do you guys want avatars like old bits of carpet? </off-topic>

<off-topic> why the hell do you guys want avatars like old bits of carpet? </off-topic>

I think that is a default avatar.

why the hell do you guys want avatars like old bits of carpet?

Are you refering to the gravatar?

you create a site by using html language and css(Cascading style sheets)

Do you have any basic knoledge of programming like HTML,PHP,.Net etc,if not than you should learn basic knowledge or you can search web services companies which they provide website development and web design services.

Member Avatar for diafol

How very helpful.

If you want to create website with chat,downloads,messages ect. then first learn PHP language and My SQL. Because without the knowledge of this two languages you are not able to create a website.

commented: just wrong -3

For creating website first learn programming language like HTML,CSS and PHP and then download and install Dreamweaver software in your pc,its really helps you to create a site with chat,downloads,messages ect

commented: dreamweaver? seriously? -3

you can create your webiste in cms easily

Some guide line how to creat a website:
1:Start Working on Webpages or Hire Someone to Build Your Site
2:Take Time to Do Some Testing
3:Take Your Site to the Masses

commented: like that is any useful -2
Member Avatar for diafol

Are we to assume that the people we should hire are working for clickpencil.com? $99 for a basic landing page was it? Do you ride a horse and live in the Wild West?

It's easy to create a website -- just use a creater such as WordPress. You can create a basic site with no programming knowledge at all. And there are lots of tutorials, such as WebsitesMadeEasy

If you want to create a website, than you have to learn HTML first and than PHP. The best source for learning these languages is W3C. Take help form other sites also.

commented: at least you didn't you didn't say w3schools... +8

@Nmalik1, at least you didn't say w3schools....

Member Avatar for diafol

But you don't need to learn PHP to create a basic website. :(

But you don't need to learn PHP to create a basic website. :(

If you want a functional and basic website, then you want php ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

If you want a functional and basic website, then you want php ;)

Not really. You have the choice of a plethora of server-side languages... php, asp, java, node.js...

It's amazing what you can do with basic js too - especially using third-party APIs and local storage.

Although php is great for many sites, static 'presence' sites can probably do without it.

commented: That's what i meant ;D +8

I've hears php has lots of bugs that are volunerable to spyware, viruses, hackers, etc. Ruby might be better substitute for php

@diafol, that's what i meant :D

Member Avatar for diafol

I've hears php has lots of bugs that are volunerable to spyware, viruses, hackers, etc. Ruby might be better substitute for php

How dare you suggest such a thing! Wash your mouth out with soap. :)

commented: haha +0

How dare you suggest such a thing! Wash your mouth out with soap. :)

exactly what i was thinking... just not with soap ;)

use a content management system like joomla, wordpress or website building tools like wix, yola or webbly

Member Avatar for diafol

exactly what i was thinking... just not with SOAP ;)

He he

Give it a REST ;)

commented: lol +8

Give it a REST ;)

lol

Creating a basic website requirements:

-HTML, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP, or Coldfusion
-Favorite code editor, such as Dreamweaver, Notepad++
-Server to host domain of your choice (i.e www.godaddy.com, www.hostek.com, etc)
-Content Management System (i.e Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla)

Congratulations! You're no longer a DaniWeb newbie.<br /> <br />
Your DaniWeb account has just been upgraded from newbie status and now you have the ability to take advantage of everything the community has to offer.<br /> <br />
You can now enjoy an advertisement-free DaniWeb by ticking the checkbox to Disable Ads in your profile. You will no longer have to fill out the human verification check when you post. You can also now send unlimited private messages, participate in live chat, contribute new code snippets, and tag articles with never-before-used tags.

Congratulations! You're no longer a DaniWeb newbie.<br /> <br />
Your DaniWeb account has just been upgraded from newbie status and now you have the ability to take advantage of everything the community has to offer.<br /> <br />
You can now enjoy an advertisement-free DaniWeb by ticking the checkbox to Disable Ads in your profile. You will no longer have to fill out the human verification check when you post. You can also now send unlimited private messages, participate in live chat, contribute new code snippets, and tag articles with never-before-used tags.

Huh?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.