You can learn w3schllos site.w3schools and roseindia are the best locales to study...

I'd like to second the recommendation for http://www.codecademy.com Not only do they introduce HTML, they also teach web development at a basic level including JavaScript, CSS, etc. They also have a active forum and answers to step-wise tutorials that encourage learning.

I'm a fan, but not a sponsor nor do I work there.

According to me learn and practicing the html through online best site is W3SCHOOLS.

and also i recommended tutorialspoints(dot)com,htmlgoodies.

hey whatever u see on the site. try it yourself... otherwise u can't learn properly. i have recently learnt html... u can't depend on one site only. You will get best when you learn from more than one websites. Suppose you have seen a code. then try it yourself and then search it further more. You will get best.
And don't only try code, understand it properly.
If u r a student, then this advice will be very useful for u.

http://www.htmldog.com/guides/html/beginner/ is a very nice link. u must try this.
if u r a student then don't depend on one site only, search a topic in many sites. Then try it yourself.First you should learn the basic concepts then come on the coding. suppose u have learnt a code then search it on other sites. U will get more useful matter.

@Gunjan, you don't need to say the same link 3x in a row. You could have just supplied all your descriptions of it within the same post. Though, I am not sure if the mods will mark those posts as spam...

Member Avatar for diafol

Gunjan's posts are repetitive I must admit. Rather than start wading in with big mod boots, it's sometimes an idea to allow members to show their appreciation by voting. ;)

I am seriously going to react if I see another w3schools or htmlgoodies link. I think that will incur an instant ban - well from my world anyway. ;)

I personally would be pissed off if i see the same website mentioned literally 20x in a row... but that does tell you that a) that site must be pretty good b) we have to make a post about the useful sources people can use within a post that is fixed on top so everyone will see it (kind of like how pritaeas set up the post for "Read this before posting a question" but instead we will put, "Awesome resources for web developers, programmers, and designers"). That will help avoid repetitive posting of the same answer I see on 1/3 of all questions... lets admit it, it is more annoying to hear, "Use w3schools" than to hear, "Google it."

I can help contribute to a list like that if you would like.

sorry guys. but i m a new user on this site, and a new student in computer coding and too much interested in this site. At first when i gave my piece of advice then it doesn't show my post. So i thought that post is not supplied.So i repeated it. Again Sorry for my mistake.

@gunjan, don't worry about it too much. next time it happens, just mark it as spam and the mods/admins will fix it for you.

ok. and what is meant by your this line that you can help contribute to a list like that if i would like.

W3School is the best website to learn about HTML.

commented: are you kidding me? -2
Member Avatar for diafol

This is my point. These types of threads do nothing to further people's understanding. They just clog up the front page of a forum article list. We have had very few interesting or useful suggestions, but already we're on the 3rd page of comments.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, stop posting the pointless 'w3schools' (your comment is pointless, not w3schools). In addition, if you want to add constructively to this thread, please read all the other comments first so that you're not just repeating the same old rubbish.

Repeating nonsense or mentioning "w3schools" again just makes you look really stupid.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, stop posting the pointless 'w3schools' (your comment is pointless, not w3schools).

I think the best site to learn how to use html, make pie, flirt with singles online, hack the CIA, become a black belt in a martial arts, and read the secret files of the NSA is w3schools... yep, w3schools is that awesome, it can do anything...

Oh dear... w3schools i literally becoming cancer for this thread/forum -_-

Repeating nonsense or mentioning "w3schools" again just makes you look really stupid.

Or a spammer...

This is my point. These types of threads do nothing to further people's understanding. They just clog up the front page of a forum article list. We have had very few interesting or useful suggestions, but already we're on the 3rd page of comments.

Don't you have the power to mark this thread as solved and closed? This thread is basically just becoming more and more ridicolous after each post. The worst part is that the only users who say w3schools are users with less than 5 posts...

Like I said before:

I personally would be pissed off if i see the same website mentioned literally 20x in a row... but that does tell you that a) that site must be pretty good b) we have to make a post about the useful sources people can use within a post that is fixed on top so everyone will see it (kind of like how pritaeas set up the post for "Read this before posting a question" but instead we will put, "Awesome resources for web developers, programmers, and designers"). That will help avoid repetitive posting of the same answer I see on 1/3 of all questions... lets admit it, it is more annoying to hear, "Use w3schools" than to hear, "Google it."
I can help contribute to a list like that if you would like.

Should we try making that?

Member Avatar for diafol

@<M/>

I think that is a discussion for the feedback forum. This is still a thread for learning HTML. If a member has a really good suggestion, then they could post some info here. I have already mentioned that we do not close threads on a whim. Obviously, there may come a point where that will have to be the appropriate course of action. Solving a thread, again is possible with our universe-gripping mod powers (!), but that does not fit the scenario here IMO.

If we (I am including myself here) keep replying to this thread without anything constructive to say on the topic, it just serves to hog the top pages of this forum. This hopefully is my last post here (futile plea?).

//EDIT

Following discussion with admin, this thread is now closed.

commented: banana +10
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.