How can i learn 'web design' within a short time? Could you please anybody help me?

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

The best way to learn the web design is to SEE the others work, go to different template seller website e.g. templatemonster.com and browse their template, this will broaden your mind. Next learn the basic of PhotoShop and try to replicate other templates. Search in google e.g. "Photoshop template design tutorial" and follow the steps. If you do this with full concentration, I am sure you can be a good designer in one month.

Website Design encompasses both artistic and technical skills. It takes time to master all aspects of website design, but if you just want to start, there are many tutorials available online. Most tutorials your will find online though are not very helpful. Design is primarily a form of art, so once you have the concepts down, the web is your canvas.

I suggest looking at other people's work. Not just any work, if you're just starting off, it is better if you look at xHTML and CSS valid templates. You can only break the rules after you master them. I have found a great site with xHTML templates that you can look at, download, and even use in your own projects. They are all xHTML(4) valid, so they are great examples of what you can do with the skills you must master. the site is located at http://andreasviklund.com/templates/.

To learn all the elements, or if you have questions, take a look at W3Schools as linked in a previous post. This reference guide was written by the people who make the standards for the web. With that in mind, have fun learning!

Yes, w3school is best site where you will able to learn more better about html language.

I totally appreciate with you that w3school provides the best tutorials for web design and good thing is that tutorials with examples there.

Yes, I also think w3school is the best for learning web designing. Also you must see different sites for different ideas as it will sharpen your designing ideas and skills and the last thing practice alot for implementing the tags in different styles.

Web Designing is marketing, which is the action of analogous markets to propositions. The added finer you do that, the added able your web architecture will be.

Designing web pages after business is just clear design, and that’s OK, but if you wish to accomplish web sites that are absolutely able (instead of just pretty) clear architecture is not abundant on its own.

What do you exactly mean by web design? Graphics and stuff or coding and styling web pages?

P.S If you're being a little more specific, then we can help you and provide you some resources.

Some people tend to use the term web design and web development in the same manner. Both of which are not easy to master in a short time. Some people never do a great job at both. It's difficult to have the creative talent to design and the logic needed to know how to properly code.

The only way to be good at either or both is to learn by example and practice what you learn. Fortunately, for those of us who are not as creative with, we have plenty of examples out there to help us.

I think practice is the best method.

Web Designining is not easy task as required lots of skills .Web Designers are More Creative . There is Always something to learn in Designing field . Have Good Knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver . Also have Knowledge to HTML , CSS ,javascripts . One of best Web rsource over is W3school where you have Lots more to learn satrts from very basics . Join Web Design Forum to know latest Trend discussions .

Watch lynda tutorial related to web designing. Go through w3schools site and practice the codes to understand the basics.

Then try eveything on you own... Kinda test for yourself just to check your abilities.

i am new on this site............

i want australia Free Article Submission list ..........

To learn web design for beginning - you have choose w3schools which is the best platform to anyone who want to be a web designer. For web design information visits regularly "WebDesignerDepot & VandelayDesign" on these blogs.

you can learn web designing through any institute or through net also ya u can prefer microsoft book also but if you see the pracvtically work then you will definetly learn it very fast

There is always something to learn in Web design and Development field . so just start with the Tech by joining some tution or classes or Online .

i need to learn content management system, ASAP. can somebody help me.

Use W3cschool for instant learning and use use w3c forum to get help instantly. It not too dificult, bu initially if you use notepad for editing it will be helpful for future.

I think it's not possible in short time. Start form HTML, CSS at w3schools.

If you have good designing skills and interested in web technologies,the web designing is the easiest and best option for you.To master the art of web design you have to be expert in tools like Photoshop,Dreamweaver,Illustrator and Flash.Apart from the above designing tools knowledge of basic HTML is vital along with languages like PHP,Ajax,j Query.....
The best option to learn basic web designing is to pursue a formal training in web designing.To add,learning web designing is not a short term process it is a never ending process where you have to be updated with the latest technologies.

Hello Friends,

If you really want to larn web designing with in a short period then I suggest you install web design software in your PC like Flash, photoshop, coralDraw etc. then watch videos on Youtube how to design web site.

According to me you are right w3school provids every thing, which you want to know about HTMl, CSS and JAVA

Must visit youtube.com, here you can find best idea about website design. if any issue just post in any website forum or here... sure any web expert reply you asap.

there are lots of sites available for web designing.
Also you have to learn some additional tools like Photoshop,flash,CSS and so on.

Hi,

youtube is beat way to learn about any think. you can easily learn how creat web sit with web designing tools.

I think there are a lot of online teaching websites. Some of them are mentioned above. Like W3 school, youtube and website designing blog etc.

To learn to creat a simple website is not difficult. You can build your site with some basic knowledge about HTML, PHP, etc. There are also many site templates, PHP code generator can be used to creat a site easily and quickly. But it is not easy to creat a good complex website that needs a veteran developer to do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.