I just popped in on a website named http://n-frames.com/. I would like to know what kind of jquery or css effects they are using in-order to achieve the layering effect on the images while scrolling the page as I would like to use this effect in one of my project. I observed the same effect used by Yahoo in one of their website some time back.


Member Avatar for iamthwee


Member Avatar for Zagga

I have seen a few sites with parallax scrolling and though I like the idea, it cuts out a lot of potential viewers. Without a mouse wheel, for example, how can you easily scroll on a mobile device?

Good examples of what you can do with parallax scrolling are on the skrollr github project and this popular training shoe site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.