I finished developing a website that I picked up by using the <URL SNIPPED>myTino Search Engine but I don’t know the exact size the server must be. This is a social network for my school and each user can open an account and upload pictures but I don’t know how much server space I need to support this or what I should focus on. Can somebody help me?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Use a decent database (not Access) and make sure that the server hard drive has enough space to support the pics.

I want to how much server space I need to support this or what I should focus on, and a decent database, how much is decent?
but anyway thanks

How many users are you expecting to have registered? How many people do you expect to have logged on at the same time? How many pictures do you anticipate people uploading? Are you limiting the picture size that can be uploaded?

Buddylee gave good suggestions, but you need to provide additional information before any kind of recommendations can be given.

sure, I want 1million people to get registered, and 100people logged on at the same time, as much as pictures being uploaded, etc.

so hope you guys can help.

thank you!!

commented: Complete waste of peopls time +0

sure, I want 1million people to get registered, and 100people logged on at the same time, as much as pictures being uploaded, etc.

thank you!!

wow, that is huge,are you sure you web will be that one?

thank you!!

Seeing as how serious you are about all of this, why even post a question for people to waste time on?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.