http://www.famster.com

Looking for any type of problems using different browsers. Overall layout. Creating an account is free as well, so give it a try please.

Also friend us @ http://www.myspace.com/famster !!!

Thanks in advance
Ryan Hendrickson
Famster's Offical Website
rhendricksonatfamster.com

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Excellent site, well done. Incredibly good idea. I have actually thought about doing some of that kind of stuff myself before.

Have you thought about charging?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Interesting idea, nice flash work as well.

Just one other thing, do you plan to change your entire site design from an xp theme to a vista theme when vista ships?

Just thought I'd mention it.

commented: a bit too harsh and useless comment +0

Thats a bit below the belt isn't it. I don't think he really deserved that it's a great site and looks spectacular.

Thats a bit below the belt isn't it. I don't think he really deserved that it's a great site and looks spectacular.

Well actually, I thought my point was quite relevant seeing as vista is about to ship, I don't know when exactly, but it will ship and it probably will assume the same mantle as xp has.

I understand why he's using an xp theme. I.e to give his users a better sense of familiarity. Most ppl use xp.

But if vista does become as popular as xp, he will probably have to change his design to follow suit. I stress the word probably and yes it's his choice.

A non-themed site would have no such problem.

[edit] Although having said that he appears to have his own theme facility, or as he puts it -'theme park', so perhaps it's not as restricted as I thought.[/edit]

Oh well.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

I think i reviewed this site, anyways it better than vbefore.

Well actually, I thought my point was quite relevant seeing as vista is about to ship, I don't know when exactly, but it will ship and it probably will assume the same mantle as xp has.

I understand why he's using an xp theme. I.e to give his users a better sense of familiarity. Most ppl use xp.

But if vista does become as popular as xp, he will probably have to change his design to follow suit. I stress the word probably and yes it's his choice.

A non-themed site would have no such problem.

[edit] Although having said that he appears to have his own theme facility, or as he puts it -'theme park', so perhaps it's not as restricted as I thought.[/edit]

Oh well.

To be honest I think the only things that really look XP are the icons. I doubt vista icons will be very different anyway.

To be honest I think the only things that really look XP are the icons. I doubt vista icons will be very different anyway.

Well what about the people who use linux as their operating system, or mac users (does his site even cater for these people? This is a rhetorical question by the way) ;)

Anyway, I wasn't having a go just delivering out my point of view. As long as the navigation and usability is intuitive I'm sure he won't have a problem.

:lol: Good god we are the most stuborn people on the planet.

I think I should summarise:

1. Nice site
2. Well done you used the XP style navigation and icons.
3. Vista is coming out and you might consider changing a few bits just to keep people comfortable because if you expect to have lots of new users coming then you need to cater for all ages and it could be that some children will never have used XP. But it shouldn't be that hard.

Most importantly a big Good Luck to Famster from everyone here at Daniweb IT Community!!!!

(sigh of relief);)

Good god we are the most stuborn people on the planet.

I'm not stubborn: -just always right though. ;)

I'm not stubborn: -just always right though. ;)

hehe Me too!

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, I think it will take atleast one year for Vista to be popular. So see that after 1 year. Vista is releasing at 30th Jan of next year. Its requirements are really very high and several people would like to change several things before they upgrade. And yes those who would use Vista of course have used XP, so stay tuned till you realise any real problem. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.