Hi,

I am having a problem but after all tries i cannot find out the cause of it. I added a movie clip in a .fla file and in that movie clip i called added an empty movie clip. I called a .swf file in the empty movie clip. Now i want to access a particular frame in .swf file and i have tried using telltarget with gotoandstop("label") to do this but this isn't working.
It only loads the .swf from frame1 at loadmovie().

If i simple add the empty movie to .fla file and call .swf at frame(3) then it works.

I cannot understand the problem???

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

The problem may not be solved by me unles i see the whole fla file. But i suppose that might be due to wrong usage of actionscript. By this i mean the incorrect path for that particular clip.

The problem may not be solved by me unles i see the whole fla file. But i suppose that might be due to wrong usage of actionscript. By this i mean the incorrect path for that particular clip.

Thanks for the reply.

But the problem is solved now. I deleted a few layers and the program started working.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

but i suppose who must try to know why the problem really occured, i mean the reason behind it. 'cause the problem could be solved somehow but what caused that problem, why this didn't happened when the layers were removed must be understood. This is equally important in other languages too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.