Hi
I need some help for HTML for embedding checkList Box.
How can embed CheckList Box on HTML Page using Java Script code.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You'll have to be more specific and detailed in your question. You can include checkboxes in an HTML Form by coding a checkbox element:

<input type="checkbox" id="myCheckbox">Check this box.</input>

But then you say you want to "embed" this control with Javascript. What exactly do you mean? Do you want to dynamically create a checkbox element at runtime, client-side? At what point? How many? Will they be mutually exclusive?

Well I need CheckListBOX rather than a simple checkbox..CheckListBOX contains an array of checkboxes in a List Control. This is builtin control in VB.Net and other tools..But there is no input type command in HTML that do this..For this You can create an array of HTML-checkboxes in a table in the same way. This might be possible using JavaScript....I was asking how to do this with the help of JAVA Script??
Thanks

You'll have to be more specific and detailed in your question. You can include checkboxes in an HTML Form by coding a checkbox element:

<input type="checkbox" id="myCheckbox">Check this box.</input>

But then you say you want to "embed" this control with Javascript. What exactly do you mean? Do you want to dynamically create a checkbox element at runtime, client-side? At what point? How many? Will they be mutually exclusive?

I'm still confused... If you want JavaScript help, this is the place. If you want Java help, then ask in the JSP forum (there is no such thing as "JAVA script"). If you want help with ASP.NET server controls, ask in the ASP.NET forum.

If you want a set of HTML CheckBoxes that are mutually exclusive (the user can click only one), then you create checkboxes with the same NAME. However, in that case, the convention is to use Radio Buttons. Users will expect to be able to click multiple checkboxes.

I suggest you clearly state the

1) DESIRED END RESULT: A set of checkboxes? Mutually-exclusive?
2) The language you want to use to achieve this result: ASP.NET? Java? JavaScript?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.