janice_2k 0 Newbie Poster

Dear Members,
I am a newbie in web development. I developed a speech enabled e-learning site using mostly Flash MX 2004. There is one activity that requires record/playback function on the site. The user is required to record his speech through the microphone after listening to the 'pre-recorded sentenses' (by the computer). Its something like a Q&A session between the computer and the user.

In addition, the wav file is saved on the client side. After that, the user can playback his recorded speech and the 'pre-recorded sentenses' to create a whole complete conversation from the 1st question asked by the computer until the last answer the user recorded. In other words, the saved wav file is being played alternately with the 'prerecorded speech' so that the user can listen to the computer's prerecorded questions being answered by his recorded speech, one at a time.

I am planning to use Media Control Interface (MCI) but unsure how can I do in order to create the record, play, stop buttons on the activity page itself without prompting a pop up window for the record/playback. I wish to embed these buttons on the body of the site to reduce the complexity of my site for the young learners. Any suggestions, idea and codings are highly appreciated. Hope to hear some reply soon.

Thanks in advance,
Janice

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.