Hello!

I was thinking about starting to collect peoples adresses for my newsletter.
To do this I thought about making a pop-under window asking them to subscribe by entering their name and e-mail adress.

How do I do this?

I know how to make a pop-under window, but I'm not sure about the form part (name, adress, submit-button)

Thanks,
Daniel

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

To do this, you need a backend script which will send the mail via sendmail (linux) or smtp (windows). The script can be written in php, perl, etc etc.

There are a bunch of free scripts on the Internet you could download provided they're available for your server platform. There are also remotely hosted ones. Just do a google search.

Once you find one, it's just a matter of inserting the proper HTML code into your site

<form action="script.php" method="post">
     <input type="text" name="username">
     <input type="text" name="email">
     <input type="submit" value="Join!">
</form>

Have you had success with getting email addresses this way?

I'm still trying to find out the best way to get new newsletter enrollees. It's harder than I thought it'd be!

This forum is meant for discussing technical aspects of web development. Nacho, please direct inquiries of this kind to our Website Promotion forum. There, you can chat about the best ways to draw leads, encourage signups, etc. Thanks.

Daniel,

If you create a feed you can send it to multiple emails with feedblitz. Make your newsletter in blog format.

XZ
Famous Quotes

Please don't resurrect 1.5 year old threads!

Sorry, the post showed up in a search and didn't notice the date.
Anyway the solution offered is a good counsel for setting up newsletters and feedblitz is quite recent. Apologies for that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.