I have an Joomla app that I now have a huge problem with. This is not an Joomla issue, but an issue with IE7.

Joomla has a simple Iframe module called a wrapper. IE7 is indiscriminately deciding which IFrames can be viewed and which cannot. It has created a major nightmare for me in developing this new site.

I have multiple IFrames as this site is the primary site, but I'm pulling in several different applications using this method, one of which is the most crucial which is a Web hosting Order application. It's a very simple app that is being pulled in - no SSL - I've made sure that the application that is not viewable is 100% validated both html and css. (Joomla's structure itself throws a couple of errors, unrelated to this issue)

All works perfectly in every other browser including IE6, FF, Netscape and Opera. In IE7 its a blank page. Again, other IFrames on the site work perfectly and all IFrame content is sitting within this sites files. In other words these are not external sites I'm pulling in.

To see what I'm working with MySite

The link with the problem is currently being called join(testing). I've been to every forum looking for answers. I have found many others with this issue, but never a solution. Can anyone give me a clue what might be causing this?

Thanks so much in advance if you can help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Check security settings in IE7.

Check security settings in IE7.

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it; however that was the first thing I did when this issue came after doing extensive research on what could be creating the issue and it had no effect - but good try!

I've been working on a solution for weeks on this; however I tried something I hadn't thought of right after writing this post and it worked (again no rhyme nor reason). I used the system's ability to create a static content page and built within that page my own iframe code and it now works correctly. Now that makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it's not mine to wonder why when it comes to IE7 -

So I will close this post.

Again, thank you so much for your response. I am so glad that I found this community. Seems there are a lot of really knowledgeable folks here and as time allows I will spend time here offering help where I can also in addition to looking for answers when I stumped!!

Ruth

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.