Hi, I'm taking a course using Macromedia Dreamweaver and am wondering if anyone has any tips on using it, or if anyone knows of any errors in it.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, if you are pretty good with HTML and CSS continue learning it , DW is really good, but if you dont first learn HTML and CSS first.

You must always know advantages and disadvantages of any WYSIWYG editors. Look more into drawbacks. Advantages are pretty obvious and will be told by many but disadvantages are real things to be known. Like they add unwanted additional code making file bigger. Not necessary you get what you see or works with every browser. You wont be able to make what you want unless you know HTML CSS et etc...

ok, thanks :)
I have only done very simple HTML and don't really understand it...

Then, I would suggest learn HTML. If you want to use DW creatively and get most out of it, you will have to learn CSS too.

HTML is easy and very specific. You shouldn't get any problem learning the basics, if you try well enough. If you dont understand something you may post in HTML and CSS forums. There are loads of people to help.

yeah, learn html and css forst using notepad then use dreamweaver once you get confident or else you will get into bad habits

thanks you,
I have problem to use or insert tables, my all design will change when I insert tables, so that if can help me to explain what are steps to insert table without effect to my design

You really shouldnt use tables for layout, you should use CSS divs

i am also having problems in layers is there any solutions for this problem ?
i have checked free templates thought to make a website but this software is make me sad always can anyone plz suggest any solutions for this problem or any good software for website designing.

ll be thankful to you

sonniya

thanks you,
I have problem to use or insert tables, my all design will change when I insert tables, so that if can help me to explain what are steps to insert table without effect to my design

Perhaps you should start a new thread for your problem, with code. It isn't due to software(most probably). That's why I say learn html and css.:)

but this software is make me sad

Well, DW is probably the best software available for web designing puposes, whether coding or WYSIWYG.

anyone plz suggest any solutions for this problem or any good software for website designing.

You wont get most out of any WYSIWYG editor unless you are prettty good with HTML-CSS.

yeah, learn html and css forst using notepad then use dreamweaver once you get confident or else you will get into bad habits

Exactly bad habit

• Of constanly pulling your hairs while designing
  • Of searching net for every little thing, How to do XYZ thing??
  • Of being satisfied by whatever crap you get thinking that its much better than before
  • Ultimately blaming the software for that:icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for all your help; I have started my course in using dreamweaver and have been studying HTML and CSS
Also for those looking for tutorials www.w3.com (it may be a .net address) is good for explaining about CSS and HTML.
And also plenty of tutorials can be found at www.adobe.com or www.macromedia.com

i agree with vishesh ji.
as dreamweaver is the software for HTML n CSS. n if u r pretty good with these in coding then there is no use to learn DW as they both work asa same.

Perhaps you should start a new thread for your problem, with code. It isn't due to software(most probably). That's why I say learn html and css

i think this is a HTML n CSS thread so in this thread all the problems related to that can be discussed

vishesh ji.

Come on yaar, I'm not a bujurg. So only Vishesh will suffice.:)

no use to learn DW as they both work asa same.

No no no. It would be correct until you only code. If you start with WYSIWYG editor it would be somewhat different, but yeah linked someway.

i think this is a HTML n CSS thread so in this thread all the problems related to that can be discussed

Well, this is HTML and CSS forum(not thread) and her/his problem is related to something not very much related to this thread, so making new thread for that would be a good idea.

ok sir as u wish
i think we should not have a conflict with each other on such a stupid topic

right sir?

> ok sir as u wish
Just Vishesh.

>i think we should not have a conflict
Its not a confilict, just expressing your views, ideas, discussion

...why has this thread turned into a fight over stupid stuff?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.