Could someone please help me? I can't figure out why this site is giving a horizontal scrollbar at lower resolutions? All of my tables use percentage widths instead of absolute??

It would be great if someone could take a looksie at the html and see if they could figure it out. I'm just staring and staring and turning up empty.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you checked your stylesheets as well? You probably know this already but the blue header up on the top is what widens it (and thus makes the scroll bar appear). I looked at the code briefly, and removed the Flash animation and it looked fine. I think the column where the animation is placed in is forcing the following column (where your have your "Search For:" textbox) to move over to the right too much. It's something that I could change manually but I know a lot of the code for this forum is generated dynamically, so I'm not really sure how you would handle it.

My stylesheets are ultra simple - definitely not anything in there. I actually knew this already, but the problem ISN'T in the blue header. As far as I was always able to tell, it was in the grey navigation bar above the logo.

I gave up and got rid of the flash ;) Simple as that. It was getting on my nerves :P

All I did was replace the flash animations with text and no more scrolling problems. So it wasn't anything wrong with my tables.

Who knows. I'm not in the mood to think about it right now ;) Maybe later.

The reason why I suggested the blue header was because it was the only one that stuck out when I maximized the window. I took the Flash animation out and everything looked fine (the way it looks now).

Could someone please help me? I can't figure out why this site is giving a horizontal scrollbar at lower resolutions? All of my tables use percentage widths instead of absolute??

It would be great if someone could take a looksie at the html and see if they could figure it out. I'm just staring and staring and turning up empty.

Post your html code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.