I don't think there is any other way to describe the problem I'm having this time..

If you look at www.hyperoctave.org/tweak/index.htm

you will see a large flash screen, flickering like a TV. However, if you look at the code, there are actually id boxes with HTML content within them, and CSS scripts with their desired behavior in the file www.hyperoctave.org/tweak/main.css - but they are nowhere to be seen!

there are a few other files involved in this process of Flash background with HTML content above, which are all linked in the index page, but I believe that the problem lies with HTML and CSS..

The idea was taken from www.neave.tv (where I got the code from - used by permission), and the code works fine there, but when I download it, then preview in my browser, it doesn't work!

Can anyone help me make the HTML content visible?

I have tried using the z-index function in CSS. No luck. Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

put ur Flash content with lower z-index <DIV> and HTML with higher z-index <DIV>, also add parameter wmode=transparent to flash movie.

put ur Flash content with lower z-index <DIV> and HTML with higher z-index <DIV>, also add parameter wmode=transparent to flash movie.

Tried that and it doesn't work. I'll upload the code with the more recent edits. any other techniques?

I don't think moving content can be rendered in the background. The motion brings it forward.

but it does work on neave.tv, where I got the source code from..

I think I am missing a piece of code.. I assumed it would be the z-index but that doesn't make any difference.

Have a look at www.neave.tv (just the intro screen) and my one www.hyperoctave.org/tweak/index.htm

and see if you can spot any differences.. I certainly can't! :-(

I think that logo you see is in the video. The click area does not coincide with the logo, but is larger.

ah thanks :) will check it out..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.