Good times, good times: Removable parts? Suffocation risk? Lead paint? Pussy hazards compared to the granddaddy of them all. Lawn Darts, or "Jarts," as they were marketed, would never fly in our current ultra-paranoid, safety-helmeted, Dr. Phil toy culture. Lawn darts were massive weighted spears. You threw them. They stuck where they landed. If they happened to land in your skull, well, then you should have moved. During their brief (and generally awesome) reign in 1980s suburbia, Jarts racked up 6,700 injuries and four deaths.

Thanks! They were so kool!

Never thought of them as "natural selection" before.

You go be goalie :D

When this formula matches your age or above then you are old.
bit=the bit rate of your first computer
age=the age when you got your first computer

int bit=32; //bit rate of first computer
age_of_computer=10; //years
age=40; //your age in years
for (int i=0;pow(2,i)<bit;i++) { }
if ((age-age_of_computer)>floor(bit/i)*5) {
//yay your old
}

At least that is how I think the code would go. Man I have too much time.

You come from a time when shorts were short(s) and knickers were golf attire.

EDIT:

//yay your old

Is it just me, or has spelling become worse during the spell-checker era?

Its become worse since the era of cell phones and texting.

Of course. I'm so old, I remember when everyone used land lines and dad didn't call you on your phone; he used his unique whistle to find you or call you in from outside (unless the street lights were on, in which case you'd better be in already).

I am so old that I remember playing Kick the Can until 10:00pm and no one worried (I lived in Montana so twilight lasted until about 10:30pm). All the kids names ended in the long e sound so moms' voices would carry further "Jimmeeeeeee you get home right now"

You need help with a tissue issue in the toilet.

When you buy a car and think, "Great. Now I'm going to have to find all these on CD"
while looking at your cassette tape collection.

"my car still has a tape-deck"

If you live in US you might remember John Cameron Swayze and his Timex commercials during the early 1970s. He did a lot of different Timex commercials and I only recall one time when the watch failed to pass the test.

you remember sending your friends penny post cards (instead of paying 5 cents to take a subway and visit).

It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.

commented: :( +0

...you walk into a door frame and manage to get a hairline fracture of the kneecap as a result (says the old bloke working from bed as his knee hurts rather a lot right now...)

you read your email on your netbook while lyimg in bed

>>you read your email on your netbook while lyimg in bed
You don't bother to proofread a post before or after posting it :)

your eyes have trouble distinguishing between an "M" and an "N" (lower caste) :(

I kmow what you neam

You can laugh at yourself when you make silly mistakes and take it in good humor when others laugh at you too. The really nice ones, like Happygeek, laugh WITH you.

commented: Thanks :) +0

I'm 39. I'm just starting to say "Back in my day..." and making up BS stories about how rough it was and how coddled today's youngsters are compared to "my day" and how much more we respected our "elders". At 19, you're WWWWAAAAYYYYY too young to say "Back in my day...".

I'm 12 and I say 'back in my day' to little 1 year old ▲_▲
:P

I'm 12 and I say 'back in my day' to little 1 year old ▲_▲
:P

And you really know you're in trouble when a 1-year-old understands what you mean.

...you do the 'where are my glasses? - oh, right there on top of my head' thing, a lot.

your health services turn to you asking that you take a FREE flu shot.

you realize things are not happening faster, it's you who's getting slower.

You post in a forum topic entitled "You know you are old when..."

commented: :) +0

You remember to .... damn, what was it I was to remember again!.:)

...it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.

when you bend down to pick up something, you start thinking, "What else can i pick whilst i'm still down here.

You can't remember why you came into this room, you can't remember what you were doing before you came in, and you are pretty sure this has happened at least once already today. Or maybe yesterday...

You know you are too old when you find yourself on aweb site for geeks and you're (me) not one!

I'm 65, fascinated with the age I live in, am also quite new to computers, hence above quote.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.