TO ALL THOSE WHO KNOW ANYTHING!!

I need to know where I can go and/or how to acquire a system that meets all of these requirements::

>Automatically transmit Longitude and Latitude coordinates
>Automatically transmit altimeter read-outs
>Fit into a cylindrical space that is approximately 4 inches in height and 2 inches in diameter
>Weigh less than or equal to 2lbs.
>Withstand speeds of 400 feet per second
>Withstand temperature
>Withstand a collision at 30 feet per second
>Transmissions must be abe to be read by software on a Windows XP based laptop
>Must cost less than or equal to $200.00USD

This system will be used in a rocket that will travel approximately 1,200 feet into the air. It will be used primarilly to locate the rocket once it has safely landed on the ground. it's secondary function will be to transmit altimeter readouts for airspeed ad timing reports. If removing the altimeter function allows the system to meet all the above requirements, please make a note of that.

I greatly appreciate ANY input from ANYONE. Thank you so much!

Yes.

www.gpsflight.com provides devices that are used in rockets for such needs - From their web site -

1. about 100 grams - way less than 2lbs
2. Should fit into a 2" tube, but only take up 2", not 4"
3. Sends data to software on an XP system at up to 4Hz
4. Sends lat,long,alt,baro alt, temp, speed, voltage, and bunch of other stats

Check it out..

TO ALL THOSE WHO KNOW ANYTHING!!

I need to know where I can go and/or how to acquire a system that meets all of these requirements::

>Automatically transmit Longitude and Latitude coordinates
>Automatically transmit altimeter read-outs
>Fit into a cylindrical space that is approximately 4 inches in height and 2 inches in diameter
>Weigh less than or equal to 2lbs.
>Withstand speeds of 400 feet per second
>Withstand temperature
>Withstand a collision at 30 feet per second
>Transmissions must be abe to be read by software on a Windows XP based laptop
>Must cost less than or equal to $200.00USD

This system will be used in a rocket that will travel approximately 1,200 feet into the air. It will be used primarilly to locate the rocket once it has safely landed on the ground. it's secondary function will be to transmit altimeter readouts for airspeed ad timing reports. If removing the altimeter function allows the system to meet all the above requirements, please make a note of that.

I greatly appreciate ANY input from ANYONE. Thank you so much!

Thank you for sharing this information, i have some information related this mater so you can use this if you need.

-------------------------
Gps Navigation

" A man with ability and the desire to accomplish something can do anything."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.