Microphone no longer works in apps after June Samsung update has been installed to the Samsung Tab A tablet. Tried changing mic permissions but same result. Is there a setting or something I can do so the microphone will work in Google Meet after the latest Samsung update has been applied to the tablet?

I have been able to do this for Zoom

1. Open Zoom

2. Settings -> Meeting

3. Scroll down to "Use Original Audio" and make sure it is Toggled On

4. While in the meeting select the three dots on the far right and click "Enable Original Audio."

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Since it's a tablet our usual is to do the full factory reset. If this fails we turn back to the maker for what to do next. I can't guess as to your warranty status but do look at that now.

commented: Have you been seeing this microphone issue happening after the Samsung tablets and phones get upgraded to the latest Samsung Update? +0

As to your comment: At the office/shop we see a lot of things. Maybe you had hope we would have another method than the usual but let's go with you did the factory reset and it still fails. At that point it's either:

1. Pilot error.
  2. The hardware has failed.
  3. Samsung had a bad update.

Each issue is tackled on its own. For pilot error one of the techs does another full factory reset and tried it their way. For hardware issues due to how tablets here are too cheap to fix (The 10 inch model is at most 200USD and service counter work starts at 150USD) the tablet is replaced. As to a bad Samsung update, that's too rare and has yet to be seen but for that you make a call to Samsung to lodge the complaint.

If someone thinks it's a bad update and if they pay then we look to XDA Developer (a forum found on the web) for an alternative rom.

commented: The microphone was working fine before the recent update has been applied to the tablet. It is not just affecting this tablet +0

Remember to provide your findings here. I'm going to share what we do at the office/shop and not repeat your findings or research.

If you feel or know this is Samsung's update then you take that up with Samsung. Or head to XDA Developers to see if you can use some other ROM.

commented: Is there a way to adjust the microphone settings in Google Meet to use default mic? I don't mean the permissions +0

Remember that till now I shared what we do at the office/shop. We don't start with a Google most of the time.

https://thedroidguy.com/hangouts-microphone-not-working-1129097 seems to be filled with good procedures to try but as I expected there is considerable overlap from our office/shop methods to this article.

commented: Thank you for your assistance so far +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.