Hi i need some help with a problem i have encountered. i recently acuired a laptop from a freind and it works great, but the keyboard got ripped up by a cat or something. this laptop is an acer aspire 5720. i then got a keyboard off of an older acer to replace the broken one. the problem is when i try to type, etc. most keys are unresponsive and the ones that do work do the wrong thing - eg, the f5 key is comma, the 9 key is backspace, ect. is there a driver or something i can change in the bios for this older keyboard to work on the newer machine? or should i just buy a new keyboard for the laptop? i have searched around and i couldnt find any usefull info, so any input is appreciated. haha get it? input? cause im replacing an input device? hahahaha.

thank you.

Recommended Answers

First you just post in an old thread more than 3 months old. Second it is possible to use a notebook keyboard on another notebook. Works with laptop also.

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

Hi
Sorry for the bad news but i have never seen a keyboard work with a laptop it is noy supposed to, Too many different factors on the ribbon cables and connectors i beleive

First you just post in an old thread more than 3 months old. Second it is possible to use a notebook keyboard on another notebook. Works with laptop also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.