I am planning on subscribing to iO in the near future (digital cable service) and would like to use it in conjunction with my Apple 23" Cinema HD display, via a tv tuner for the mac.

Being as the cable line will be delivering a digital signal, and it is a HD digital display monitor, is there some way I could use an all digital tv tuner? All of the tv tuners I've seen fetch an analog signal and convert it to a digital signal. I'd like to avoid doing that conversion to obtain the best picture.

I am running a Mac G5. Optimally, a USB 2 or FireWire tv tuner that is Panther-compatible would be the best option for me.

Any ideas wehre I could find one of these guys?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by )BIG"B"Affleck

Basically, the regular cable line coming out of my wall is capable of sending both an analog and digital signal. When i sign up for iO, it will be sending a digital signal. My monitor is capable of receiving a digital signal. However, I need a converter to go from a cable line to DVI (or ADC) without any conversion of the signal, itself (digital --> digital).

what you want is a digital decoder?
Seriously speaking here gal if you want to get a serious nerd on the phone. I always call ! 800-THE SHACK
They have answerd all kinds of crazy crap for me do not underestimate the power of the SHACK

Attachments radioshack.gif 22.35 KB
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.