im having trouble keeping my computer on, i suspect it to be trojan or virus so i downloaded a free version of avg. it picked up 3 trojans and i thought everything was okay again, but then it started turning off on me again!
it will stay on for about 8-10 minutes then turn off. i had the motherboard replaced only recently, but the troubles started after the 20 day warranty thing and im not keen on spending any money i dont have to, can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It may be overheating.
Check the fans especially the processor fan.
Also was enough thermal paste applied to the
processor / heatsink ?

This is unlikely to be a software problem.
sparkax is on the right track.

1. - to fix your trojan problems.... do the following

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...re_d5756.htmll) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

AVG doesn't do a great deal of stuff... it pretty much detects the virus... but doesn't get rid of the full virus....

2. - Check all of your fans....
3. - Download PC wizard and monitor your temperatures in your PC... and give us a report....

Hope this helps

Cohen

Thanks guys, i have to go to work now, but it sounds like it could be the fan, i'll play around with it tonight and tell you how it went, xox

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.