Hello. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card but know nothing about computers. Would a XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX Video Card - 256MB DDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV work on a PC with a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60GHz with a Intel D865GBF in it?

Please help :D

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Probably not, but that's not enough information.

There are three ways to add a dedicated video card PCI-E, AGP, or PCI (all desktops have it, but AGP or PCI-E is faster and a much better selection of cards)

You probably have AGP, in which case you're best off going with an ATI card because they have a better selection of high-end cards using the AGP standard. But you'd need to provide us with the model number of the motherboard or PC so somebody can look it up and be sure.

Well, how can I find that info? Like I said before: I know NOTHING about computers. All I know is that it's a 2002 MDG Computer with a Intel Pentium 4 2.60GHz processor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.