im having trouble keeping my computer on, i suspect it to be trojan or virus so i downloaded a free version of avg. it picked up 3 trojans and i thought everything was okay again, but then it started turning off on me again!
it will stay on for about 8-10 minutes then turn off. i had the motherboard replaced only recently, but the troubles started after the 20 day warranty thing and im not keen on spending any money i dont have to, can anyone help?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by 18542005

It may be overheating.
Check the fans especially the processor fan.
Also was enough thermal paste applied to the
processor / heatsink ?

1. - to fix your trojan problems.... do the following

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...re_d5756.htmll) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

AVG doesn't do a great deal of stuff... it pretty much detects the virus... but doesn't get rid of the full virus....

2. - Check all of your fans....
3. - Download PC wizard and monitor your temperatures in your PC... and give us a report....

Hope this helps

Cohen

Thanks guys, i have to go to work now, but it sounds like it could be the fan, i'll play around with it tonight and tell you how it went, xox

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.