Hi everyone,

I am trying to troubleshoot the problem with an Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi laptop. When it turns on you can hear the hard drive starting, cd spinning (if one inserted) but there is nothing on the screen. I have searched Acer endlessly and cannot find anything of assistance. I have tried all the tricks to unplug battery and Ac adapter and press power button and still nothing. I have tried to plug a monitor to the external VGA port and still nothing. I have even tried booting Knoppix off a cd to see if it was HD related and still nothing.

Since there isn't even a BIOS screen showing I am starting to thing it is monitor related. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try to take out your ram, clean the gold fingers before putting it back, check if it will help....sorry to tell you but it might be a faulty mobo...

Hi everyone,

I am trying to troubleshoot the problem with an Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi laptop. When it turns on you can hear the hard drive starting, cd spinning (if one inserted) but there is nothing on the screen. I have searched Acer endlessly and cannot find anything of assistance. I have tried all the tricks to unplug battery and Ac adapter and press power button and still nothing. I have tried to plug a monitor to the external VGA port and still nothing. I have even tried booting Knoppix off a cd to see if it was HD related and still nothing.

Since there isn't even a BIOS screen showing I am starting to thing it is monitor related. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

try to open the ram slots area and change the ram from slot A to slot B , its a RAM SLOT Problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.