guys i have an hp 1022 printer, i want to run it in usa but it works with 220 volts, is there any converter which i can use for long term use and powerful enough to run the printer without any problem in USA?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by blud

There are converters, but a simple google search could tell you that, which, you apparently know because you were able to spot the mis-information in the next post. Can this be marked solved?

There are converters, but a simple google search could tell you that, which, you apparently know because you were able to spot the mis-information in the next post. Can this be marked solved?

Knowing something conceptually is different than doing that. I searched Target, Radio shack and so forth, the problem is not about converting the voltages, about Watt, converters does not support high watts. Posting this thread i thought i cant be the only person who brought his printer from europe to usa.

No this is not solved.

Ok, then the answer wasn't obvious.
Yes, the devices exist, they are called transformers.

What is the difference between a converter and a transformer? If the device you are going to operate is a high power heating element or mechanical motor such as a hair dryer or iron, you will need a converter to run those appliances. But if your device is a computer, a printer or a VCR, you will need a transformer. Both of these category of appliances and devices can be run by a transformer, but only the electric appliance can be run with a converter. A word of caution in here is that, while transformers are designed for long term continuous operation, converters on the other hand can operate for an hour or two at a time.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.