Dear,

I have lost all the installed printers in Win2K Server. When I tried to add new printer it say alert "Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable". I have tried to restart the spooler service. It successfully started but when I opened the Printer Folder, it automatically again stopped. After this try I also set the spooler to restart if failed till two-failure attempts. But the matter is still there. When I try to add new printer it again shows same alert.

Please guide me. Spooler again and again stopped (I tried to restart) when trying to add new printer. I have checked my system for viruses with Norton updated ant virus software but no virus is found in my PC.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Naveed Ashraf

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Did you have any previus crashes. For example a svchost.exe crash (background process)?
Try to make a clean reinstall if all fails.. but makesure you destroy all of the HD paritions first since win2k reinstalls are known to be fake.. Often win2k would just use the old bad files..
Ilya

Dear,

I have lost all the installed printers in Win2K Server. When I tried to add new printer it say alert "Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable". I have tried to restart the spooler service. It successfully started but when I opened the Printer Folder, it automatically again stopped. After this try I also set the spooler to restart if failed till two-failure attempts. But the matter is still there. When I try to add new printer it again shows same alert.

Please guide me. Spooler again and again stopped (I tried to restart) when trying to add new printer. I have checked my system for viruses with Norton updated ant virus software but no virus is found in my PC.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Naveed Ashraf

Are your printers networked? Are they phisically atached to your computer? if not check what protocols you using for your network...

Did you have any previus crashes. For example a svchost.exe crash (background process)?
Try to make a clean reinstall if all fails.. but makesure you destroy all of the HD paritions first since win2k reinstalls are known to be fake.. Often win2k would just use the old bad files..
Ilya

Dear Naveed
Do u find any solution?????
I have the same problem
I have lost all the installed printers in Win2K Server. When I tried to add new printer it say alert "Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable".

Sheikhshafiq
goga2004@hotmail.com

Dear,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Naveed Ashraf

Dear Naveed
Do u find any solution?????
I have the same problem
I have lost all the installed printers in Win2K Server. When I tried to add new printer it say alert "Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable".

Sheikhshafiq
goga2004@hotmail.com

Do you realize, you posted to a topic that has not been replied to in over 6 years.
When are you noob's gonna learn.
READ THE RULES, stop hijacking, stop spamming and start your own thread if you have a legitimate issue.

Mr Ashraf
Go to control panel -> Administrative tools - > to services -> search for printer spool -> right click and click on start......

it work fine .....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.