I have a Compaq Presario V2000 laptop. The dvd/cd drive doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER anymore. It has also stopped reading any disc that I put in it.
I went to DEVICE MANAGER and there is a yellow exclamation mark on the dvd/cd drive. When I try to update the driver, it says that I already have the best driver available. When I go to Driver Agent . com, it states that, that driver is good and there is no other driver available.
So, is the drive just dead ? I know it has power because the door opens and closes.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated !!
Thank you !

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you roll back the driver to a previous one?

Can you roll back the driver to a previous one?

No. I couldn't "roll back" the driver. Whats wierd is , when I go to the properties of the "device status", it says that "Windows cannot load the device driver fpr this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39). "
When I try to update the driver, it says that there is no better driver available. Driver Agent . com shows that I already have the best driver.
I'm confused !
Thank you for your reply !!

It's fixed now. Here is what a friend suggested.
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
There is a registry fix there to download and I put it on a thumb drive and loaded it on the laptop. It worked perfect !
Thank you for your help ! I really appreciate it !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.