Hello:
Recently my mum spilled a bit of coffee on her laptop; consequentially, some keys on her keyboard aren't working. We are trying now to remove they keyboard, but we cannot figure out a way to do this without removing the motherboard (which is quite complicated). She has a Sony Vaio VGN-FS550. Anyone know how best to remove the keyboard?

Hello:
Recently my mum spilled a bit of coffee on her laptop; consequentially, some keys on her keyboard aren't working. We are trying now to remove they keyboard, but we cannot figure out a way to do this without removing the motherboard (which is quite complicated). She has a Sony Vaio VGN-FS550. Anyone know how best to remove the keyboard?

You can just pop the keys off and clean under them, then pop them back on again when you're done. Just make sure you know where each key belongs when it comes time to put them back on again! I recommend taking a picture of the keyboard before starting, or just doing a few keys at a time.

Some info which may help:

http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/keyboard/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.