I've just got a 02 X3 mobile phone with USB output on it, I also got a powerMac G4 runnin on OS X. When I plug the phone in the system does not register the device, that I have connected so where do i need to be looking, for access to all USB port (i.e. will i need to run a terminal shell or use finder if so how are the names defined)

thanks for any help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Does the phone show up in System Profiler?

Mayhaps the phone needs a driver for the Finder/OS to see it? What exactly are you trying to do with it?

You should probably be using iSync with it.. here is the list of phone compatible with Panther:

http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html

nah i kno that, the driver CD is for windows so it wont work on a mac I've also tryed Isync its no help.
well the phones got a mini sd memory card capable of playing MP3 format files.
(i wanna listen to chunes on da move)

oh and in xCode theres a utility called USB prober that ive tryed to use but i really dont know were to begin with that coz i dont know the individual names of the usb ports i dont kno what im looking at and im a beginner C++ programmer so i cant write a program that'll do it for me ... wel not yet!

If the device was seen and recognized by your Mac, it would appear in USB Probe:

Full Speed device @ 1 (0x1B000000): .............................................   Hub device: "OHCI Root Hub Simulation"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
    Hub Descriptor   
Full Speed device @ 2 (0x1B200000): .............................................   Hub device from Apple Computer
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
    Hub Descriptor   
Full Speed device @ 3 (0x1B220000): .............................................   Hub device: "Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
    Hub Descriptor   
Low Speed device @ 4 (0x1B230000): .............................................   Composite device: "USB Monitor"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
Full Speed device @ 5 (0x1B221000): .............................................   Composite device: "Apple Extended USB Keyboard"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
Low Speed device @ 6 (0x1B222000): .............................................   Composite device: "Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical\256"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
Full Speed device @ 1 (0x3B000000): .............................................   Hub device: "OHCI Root Hub Simulation"
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
    Hub Descriptor   
Full Speed device @ 2 (0x3B100000): .............................................   Hub device from Texas Instruments
    Device Descriptor   
    Configuration Descriptor   
    Hub Descriptor

it probably dose but i really can't make heads or tales of it, and if i did spot it. What step would i have to take to do what i want with the desired port i.e. write a program or read up on something?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.