I have a Powerbook G4 and have installed the HP software and drivers. When I go to add the printer, it's not in the list and when I try to print, all I get is unreadable, multi-page print. Can't print from anything! I'm using AppleTalk to try to connect to the Print Server.

Any suggestions would be helpful. New to Apples.... :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to use the printer and print via the network. The Deskjet 5150 looks like it supports USB only compatability.

Can you give us some more information on the Linksys Print Server?

I have a feeling you have a driver conflict.

Christian

Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to use the printer and print via the network. The Deskjet 5150 looks like it supports USB only compatability.

Can you give us some more information on the Linksys Print Server?

I have a feeling you have a driver conflict.

Christian

It's a brand new Lynksys Print Server - PSUS4. I read somewhere that printing with a Mac through a print server will work. I've installed the HP 5150 drivers twice and the Lynksys drivers once. Hope this helps.....

I have this same problem with a linksys wps55gu2 print server and an HP PSC 1610 all-in-one printer. The driver does not show up in the list of available drivers, although if I connect via USB, then it does. I don't expect the scan function to work wirelessly, but the print function should. I am able to print wirelessly via a windows machine, but just not on my mac.

Thanks!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.