tiger86 16 Posting Pro

Apple seems to be getting a lot of media attention lately; and not the good type.

Apple has released several updates to their products recently; and almost all of those updates have some big bugs.
Let’s start off with what I would call the worst update that is currently affecting the macbook pro. Users are told that there is new firmware, some of them have downloaded it; others haven’t either way users are getting the Black Screen Of Death. Users that have experienced this issue have said that they can hear the computer working and when they press commands they hear sound but the screen never turns on.
Apple.
You can follow this issue on the apple discussion boards.

iTunes 8.01 is having trouble recognizing the iPhone, iPod, and the iPod Touch. When a User attaches an iPhone, iPod, or an iPod Touch they get this error “an unknown error 13014.” It is one thing not to recognize third party devices; but when you make the device, the software, and the Operating System, and your software still does not recognize your own device; that’s got to be quite embarrassing.

There are very few fixes known for this iTunes glitch but according to macfixit; you just need to turn off your computer; unplug your iPod, and re-boot; apparently this has fixed the problem for some users but not all.

This is not the first (or last) time that Apple will make major mess-ups like this. I went to the apple Leopard Premiere at an apple store; and within 20 minutes I saw the machines have errors and one froze and had to be re-booted. I know something similar happened back when Bill Gates revealed Windows 95 at a tech convention; sadly this wasn’t a convention they were for sale at the store.

What can companies learn from this?
Companies shouldn’t release a patch, software, or an operating System when they have not worked out all of the major glitches. You are more likely to get more customers if you release your product a year late; and take that extra year to fix major bugs. I would have liked it if Microsoft had pushed back the release date on Vista from late 2006 to early 2008 they would have had time to work out most of the kinks. I doubt any corporate company gives a care what the customer thinks; though they should after all we are the ones that purchase their software; and sooner or later a new company will appear that listens to customer feedback putting their competition out of business.