Dell 4500 was working fine up until yesterday but today, cannot power on.
- Removed front cover - switch seems okay mechanically
- Removed RAM, all drive connectors, and all cards except graphics adapter. Still nothing - no beeps, no signal to monitor
- No fans running now
- Small green light on mobo is on
- No other lights or activity
- Was pretty dusty, some paths pretty clogged
- Main CPU cooling fan turns easily by finger, not jammed
From reading other posts, it sounds like the most likely culprits are:
- Motherboard / CPU
I lack knowledge, tools, and replacement parts/machines to troubleshoot any further. Any best guesses as to the probable cause? If it seems 70-80% likely to be the PSU, I may just roll the dice and buy another.
Thanks for your help!