Ok i finally bought a 9600XT and new mobo and put it in, now on all my games the game either hangs or freezes making me restart my pc.
Could this be because my pc is getting too warm because when I touch the case the case is pretty warm.
Or is it something else
Im running a

Intel Celeron 2.2Ghz
Asus 9600XT
Asus P4M266A mobo
754MB Ram
250watt power supply

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Ok i finally bought a 9600XT and new mobo and put it in, now on all my games the game either hangs or freezes making me restart my pc.
Could this be because my pc is getting too warm because when I touch the case the case is pretty warm. Or is it something else
Im running a 250watt power supply

That's likely your problem -- too small a power supply for the system. If you are concerned about temperatures, download something like CPUCool from http://www.podien.de or Motherboard Monitor from http://mbm.livewiredev.com to check them.

Make sure that all your fans are working, including the CPU cooler...

well i took off one side of the case to run it cooler for now and my games havent restarted maybe it was either my system or power supply overheating

if i was to buy a new power supply i was looking at a 350watt power supply whose form factor is ATX will that fit in my case case (microATX)

i guess the heat may be one of the problems u have, but yes ur power supply is too weak. For ur system is better to have 300 or above. Plus may be u want to buy a little system fan and screw it in ur comp, it cools down mine alot!

if i was to buy a new power supply i was looking at a 350watt power supply whose form factor is ATX will that fit in my case case (microATX)

Ouch...

That's about as powerful as you can get in mATX.

umm yea i already have a new case with a 420watt powersupply so just forget about the earlier posts

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.