I hate neighbors! I had given my laptop to the boy livin next door and he returned it with the shift key missing. I will have to buy a new keyboard now L in 3 website main url post kar k bata do ok

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by alvinthomas

I hate neighbors! I had given my laptop to the boy livin next door and he returned it with the shift key missing. I will have to buy a new keyboard now L in 3 website main url post kar k bata do ok

I think, you should try looking for a stand-alone key from the people who are repairing computers, or try to find it anywhere else, especially if it's a popular cpmputer model or an old model :) My girlfriend had similar problem few weeks ago..she was missing a backspace key for her dell(inspiron 1521) laptop. And guess what, she found it very quickly! so, try it first, before buying a new keyboard and save your money!

if it is just the shift key (there are two, one at either end of the keyboard so use the other one!) alternatively swap for a key that is not used (eg print screen or a - minus sign as there are two of those.) you will need to be careful in doing this!
other alterenative is to buy a wifi external keyboard...
M

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.