Hi i recently got a new case and it has blue lights on it . My mum wants to know if thats going to cost her money in power and electricity . i think they are led lights and they dont cost much right. Anyone know???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi i recently got a new case and it has blue lights on it . My mum wants to know if thats going to cost her money in power and electricity . i think they are led lights and they dont cost much right. Anyone know???

you are correct ,tell mum not to worry,she uses more electricity using here electric eyebrow hair plucker, lol

commented: good answer +3

Yeah it only consumes very minimal, what consumes more are your processor and monitor.

check the wattage of your PSU it will give you an idea for the electricity consumption...

tell your mom not worry about those lights..it will just cost her cents...for the consumption... LOL ;)

If you want to get your mom on your side, point out that, while these LEDs use a minimum of electricity, (if you leave your computer running during the night) they can provide enough nightime light to be able to move around without having to turn on the big lights that use so much more electricity.
Of course, if you turn off your computer at night (to save electricity but not necessrily the components of your computer), this argument won't help you any.
LOL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.