Computer restarted itself repeatedly, after leaving it on all night (presumably restarting itself occasionally) it no longer starts at all. No POST just a little fan spin.
A few nights ago my computer began restarting randomly, doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, mid game or even in the middle of starting up again it would reset.
- I disabled auto-restart on error and I didn't get any blue screen of death and I cant see any errors in the log....so not sure about that one.
- I cant run a full system virus scan (it resets midway through) so I cant see if that's the problem.
- Cant run memtest (it resets midway through) so also cant see if thats the problem.
- Ive cleaned out the case, all the fans are working and the hottest component is the GPU sitting at 60-65C so that shouldn't be the problem.
- I'm fairly sure theres no loose connections but ill reseat everything just incase.
- The amount of fragmentation on my HDs is incredible......its freaking amazing the poor thing works at all.....I haven't done a defrag in ages so I tried running one the other day, I left it during the night assuming if it still stuffed up it would just reset a few times....now it doesn't start at all.
So as far as I can tell PSU is the most likely cause, when I go to start it now there are some lights on the motherboard and I get half a spin out of the fan but that's about it, no POST, however the PSU is one of the newer components in my box, mine kept dying so I forked out for a good quality 750W.....cant believe one has gone again.
GPU is a possibility, its one of the oldest components and its been bugging me for a while, not sure if it would cause whats happening now.
Bad memory as a possibility?
I'm not sure other than that, if you have any ideas please pipe in.
Thanks for any help you can give!