messageI have a Mac G5 which I have had for one year. Also am using Tiger. Problem: recently when I turn on the computer I get a noise that sounds like I have a cricket. This not happen all the time. Yesterday it did and it would make that noise every ten minutes. This afternoon it would make the noise and this evening it is not making the noise. Is this normal or what is wrong with the computer?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

That sounds like a cable is hitting a fan, or could be the noise made when your hard drive has data written to it/in usage.

Usually the noise suggests failure on the drive, and I'd start transferring files over to a new hard drive or get some CDs/DVDs written. (My sister's machine made this noise incessantly, and it now fails to load into Windows.)

Hi,
I have the same problem. The sound is coming from my speakers (I think), pretty sure. Sometimes it doesn't happen for days and then it happens every couple minutes, then stops. Have you found any answers for this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.