hi my desktop was working fine last night and this morning it wont power up a blue light is flashing on the power button so l open it up the mini fans are turning but the cpu fan is not turning its a golden orb 2 its if it wants to turn but cant the blue light flashes for about 5mins then goes off and the mini fans stop as well but there is a red light on the motherboard cant anyone tell me if its the powerbox or cpu that l need or is it some thing else thats wrong

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

While one may not know what you own (no make, model, etc.) Try this generic reset I find to help at times (laptop, desktop and my Roomba.)

1. Power down.
  2. Remove battery (laptop, Roomba, etc.)
  3. Remove power and USB cables. Hey, firewire too along with any external cables.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
  5. Release, insert battery if need be, apply mains and retest.

Hello Thomas - this could be a number of issues:

1. Overheating of your motherboard due to build ups of dust and grime.
  2. Improperly connected cables, disconnect and re-connect all of the cables from the Golden Orb 2.
  3. Make sure the CPU fan and heatsink are properly in place - the heatsink should not be wobbling or moving about.
  4. Although unlikely, it could be a RAM compatibilty or damage issue - first off take out your RAM and put it back in - also try replacing your RAM w/ a friend's to check if it works.
  5. If all else fails, check your warranty and manufacturer's customer support line.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.