How to find out the MHz on RAM just by looking at it? If it doesn't show it isn't there a mathematical way to fined it?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

how much MHz a RAM has

you how much it is ,not has ,as the Mhz is speed of ram not size .,like the older 100,133,300-400,800,ect ect if it aint on the sticker im not sure how to find the mhz with out putting it into a computer and using a program like cpuid cp-z software
if the ram has a model/make numbwer on it you could google to find info
cpuid tool
Click Here

usually, it's got a sticker on the ram chip itself, otherwise your BIOS may list the speed it's currently working at

javanoob101

usually, it's got a sticker on the ram chip itself, otherwise your BIOS may list the speed it's currently working at

javanoob101

I've been a fan of Speccy by Piriform.com Shows all your hardware details.

Try CPUID. I haven't tried Speccy but I will now.

Just tried Speccy. I like the interface better. Thanks.

The unit mentioned by you MHZ is the speed of the RAM and not the size of RAM if you need to nkow the size of RAM means then please right click on computer and properties in that oyu can se the size of RAM memory

there are a lot programms such as CPU-Z, aida and everest. They can help to investigate everything that have something incommon with your hardware, not only ram.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.