I downloaded the following: "Waterfalls3free.exe" as a screen saver. It was not satisfactory, so I deleted/uninstalled. In the process my Display Properties were reduced to 16 colors and 640 by 480 pixels. This is the only choice given. Pictures, etc. are very distorted.:sad: Is there anything I can do to restore to proper settings? Is there a program that can be purchased, or does the CP need to be taken in for repair.:?:
THANKS..!!:!: PS..I am pretty new at this, so any reply should be "simply worded"..:lol:..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try and reinstall the drivers for your video card. Also, download spyware programs and run them, and lastly, try and stay away from any "free" software like that. They usually are bundled with spyware.

Try and reinstall the drivers for your video card. Also, download spyware programs and run them, and lastly, try and stay away from any "free" software like that. They usually are bundled with spyware.

Thanks! The reinstall worked. Now in living color..! I got it re: "free" software..

When you find out what is causeing the problem, let me know what fixes it I have the same problem.

I installed a new Win2000 Pro disk, because my othe Win 2000 pro Disinagrated in the CD if anything thing happens it happens to me, any way I installed the new Win 2000 Pro and I can not open up the properties tab in monitor, it is blanked out.

When I log on to the net the pixels are to big and distorted in Explorer 6:sad:

Whirly

I downloaded the following: "Waterfalls3free.exe" as a screen saver. It was not satisfactory, so I deleted/uninstalled. In the process my Display Properties were reduced to 16 colors and 640 by 480 pixels. This is the only choice given. Pictures, etc. are very distorted.:sad: Is there anything I can do to restore to proper settings? Is there a program that can be purchased, or does the CP need to be taken in for repair.:?:
THANKS..!!:!: PS..I am pretty new at this, so any reply should be "simply worded"..:lol:..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.