My two year old Dell laptop will not start... last night there was some weird power thing going on in my house and now nothing...

Could it be the power supply? Can I reset the Power Mangement System on this thing?

Or worse?

Thanks!

Marc

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try removing the battery and diconnecting the power supply. Leave the laptop like this for a couple of minutes. If the battery was charged, put just the battery in and try to boot the laptop. If that fails, remove the battery, plug it in to the power supply, and try to boot it up.

Let me know if this helped at all.

Thanks! That was it!!

Marc

Try removing the battery and diconnecting the power supply. Leave the laptop like this for a couple of minutes. If the battery was charged, put just the battery in and try to boot the laptop. If that fails, remove the battery, plug it in to the power supply, and try to boot it up.

Let me know if this helped at all.

my dell laptop had screen crack so after replacing the machine didnt show any signal at all eventhuogh it was running,external vga connection didnt do the trick!pls help.

my dell laptop had screen crack so after replacing the machine didnt show any signal at all eventhuogh it was running,external vga connection didnt do the trick!pls help.

this thread is 4-1/2 years old you need to start a new thread in the proper topic, state problem in header and someone will be along to help out. good luck. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.