Hey im making a MythTV box and the biggest concern that I am having is whether or not the capture card will work so I thought someone might know here. Im thinking about putting it ontop of ubuntu first off mainly because I want a full operating system and knoppmyth just seems to be the mythtv frontend. So anyways I want a reasonable PCI card that will capture tv in mpeg 2/4 with good quality somwhere around $75-140. And then for video out im not sure what to do, the motherboard has some onboard ati video but I dont know if it can do svideo (im also going to need a svideo to coax converter). So I will probably stick and Nvidia 5200 in there, but havent seen anything about compatibility. Now Nvidia in my experience works well with linux but again im more worried about the tuner/capture card and the quality of the display.

ok I went with a Hauppauge PVR 350 which has an S-Video out on it so I can just get an S-Video to RCA or Coax (if they make it?) converter and plug it in to the tv for the display.

ok I went with a Hauppauge PVR 350 which has an S-Video out on it so I can just get an S-Video to RCA or Coax (if they make it?) converter and plug it in to the tv for the display.

The svideo on these hauppauge is an input, same as the component. and yes s video can be converted to rca

Ok so I will just stick an old Nvidia in there and do svideo to rca from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.