I realise that there are other threads on a theme but none have answered my problem, so.........PLEASE HELP;)

I have a Toshiba A60 not yet 2 years old. It was working fine yeasterday, it was shut down properly and has had no software updates, new programmes or hardware added. Today I switched on the laptop and was faced with the following

We apologise for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change migh have caused this. If your computerstopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recentsettings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interupted due to power failure or because thepower or reset button was pressed orif you aren't sure what caused theproblem, choose start windows normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command prompt

Last known Good Configuration ( your most recentsettings that worked)
Start Windows normally

use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice
Seconds until Windows starts 30

I have tried all options and all I got was the Windows XP Screen followed by a flash of blue screen before starting the whole thing over again.

There was no bad weather of an electrical kind and the computer was not plugged into the network or mains.

Please help, I can't even get to Safe mode:-|

I have exactly the same problem today with my ADVENT laptop !
No idea what to do. Tried cooling it, but nothing.

I realise that there are other threads on a theme but none have answered my problem, so.........PLEASE HELP;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.