My aunt has a laptop, and she cant remember the pass, she cant log in, and gets an error about the password is wrong, please make sure the password and domain are correct.
We have no floppy disk drive or cd rom drive on the laptop..

Can anyone help ?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Assuming the laptop has USB ports on it, you may be able to load the program from www.loginrecovery.com onto a flash drive, and then boot from the flash drive to run this program, which will give you the password in two days unless you pay extra to receive it faster. I am not sure how to set up a bootable flash drive, but there may be some tutorials on the internet.

--
Nick

you dont need ti do that. you can do it for free if you follow my instructions

as soon as the pc starts up (before windows or anything has come up) start rapidly tapping f8 and keep tapping it until you come to a menu. There will be options like:

Safe Mode
Normal Mode
Last Known Good Cofiguration

choose safe mode. A load of text will fill the screen. leave it (may be some time) until you get to a login screen. Click "administrator". From this account you can change any users passwords

type Administrator into the login box in safe mode (no password and case sensitive)

Thanks, when i do that, i get 'The system could not log you on. Make sure your Username and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case'

hmm, your system must be secured then ;(. you will need to either invest in a third party tool then.

And will this be one of those tools like the link above! I have my own laptop and pc, so if i could connect this laptop to either of mine, in anyway, and then boot a password recovery disc or something, maybe that would work? x :(

Get an external CD drive, plug it in with USB.
From there you can load up your hack disk and reset the passwords.

USB drive will work, you need to setup your boot order to boot up from USB before HDD or floppy or CD-ROM.

Prees ALT_CRT_DEL and type "administrator"

ive already asked him to try that. its locked down

He's obviously not read the whole thread.

You will need to modify the SAM file on the system that is locked out. To do this you can use knoppix, which is a bootable linux os. Follow the directions in this link . I would highly recommend before you start modifying files you backup your computer using knoppix to an external usb drive.

You will need to modify the SAM file on the system that is locked out. To do this you can use knoppix, which is a bootable linux os. Follow the directions in this link . I would highly recommend before you start modifying files you backup your computer using knoppix to an external usb drive.

You didn't read the thread either zelkea.
He doesn't have a CD-ROM of Floppy drive.
Jeez.

He's obviously not read the whole thread.

You didn't read the thread either zelkea.

He doesn't have a CD-ROM of Floppy drive.
Jeez.

dr4g,
No, I did read the thread but I figured that a 20 dollar external cd rom was worth the price of a laptop.

Just curious how many of your 74 posts comment on other posts?

What's that? he doesn't have any external devices. That's the point here. Not my other posts.

He will definately need to get a cd drive

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.